Tuesday, March 5, 2019

How to backup a database in noarchivelog mode - 12c

My SID is ORCL and  database in NOARCHIVELOG mode



What does it happen when I try to backup my database when it's open and in NOARCHIVELOG... ? I'm not using any recovery catalog for these examples as you can see. 





As you can easily read from the RMAN log put on screen you... "RMAN-06149: cannot BACKUP DATABASE in NOARCHIVELOG mode".

To backup a database in NOARCHIVELOG mode you have to shutdown it first, open in mount mode and only then you can start your backup process. 





How can I see my backup on RMAN ? Use just the following command: 



Have a look at the time when the backup is finished and the time information provided by the "list backup" command in RMAN. So we have backup in NONARCHIVELOG mode.

No comments:

Post a Comment